Here are a few recent articles that have hit my radar on the topic of tech support scams. Of course, I’ll be adding them to the resources page as well.
- Rob Waugh writes for ESET’s We Live Security page on Technology giants join forces to battle tech support phone scams
- Another view of the same topic from Facecrooks: Facebook Teams Up with Google, Twitter and Others to Take Down Tech Support Scammers
- An Ars Technica article – Inside the US government’s war on tech support scammers – describes how an FTC (Federal Trade Commission) investigator gathered evidence that helped towards getting a temporary restraining order against an offending company
- Here’s a comprehensive list of misused utilities published by Malwarebytes that I may have mentioned before
- And Blaze’s Security Blog offers A word on phone scammers (actually, several words…)
There’s another article of mine to come shortly.
Small Blue-Green World
ESET Senior Research Fellow