(1) Action Fraud article about DDoS extortion threats by a hacking group: Online extortion demands affecting businesses. Commentary by SC Magazine: Action Fraud warns of new wave of Lizard Squad DDoS attacks
(2) Catalin Cimpanu for Softpedia: Decrypter for Alpha Ransomware Lets Victims Recover Files for Free.
(3) CryptoMix: ransomware that makes the ludicrous claim that the 5 bitcoin ransom will be paid to a children’s charity. Related to CryptoWall 4.0 and CryptXXX: no free decrypter currently available.
- Heimdal Security: Security Alert: New Ransomware Promises to Donate Earnings to Charity
- David Bisson for Graham Cluley’s blog: Ransomware promises to donate ransom fees to a children’s charityThat’s right! Malware authors have a heart, too… or a guilt card.
- The Register: Ransomware grifters offer to donate proceeds of crime to charity – Pay up and feel like you’re doing something good, say dastardly villains