Updates to Anti-Social Media
- Dylan Curran for The Guardian: Are you ready? This is all the data Facebook and Google have on you (Well, it’s all the data they have on him: your mileage may vary, as mine does.)
- Richi Jennings for TechBeacon: Facebook fallout followup: Can you trust BYOD? (As ever, Richi does a good job of curating various ‘bloggy bits’ on the topic: sobering reading…)
- Help Net: Consumers worry that small privacy invasions may lead to a loss of civil rights – commentary on the report What the Internet of Things means for consumer privacy from The Economist Intelligence Unit.
Updates to Specific Ransomware Families and Types
- Seattle Times: Boeing hit by WannaCry virus, but says attack caused little damage
- ESET: WannaCryptor said to reappear, hitting Boeing’s computers
- ESET: Lizard Squad member jailed after offering DDoS-for-hire attack service
- Sophos: Unmasking Monero: stripping the currency’s privacy protection – commentary on the following.
- Cornell University Library: a multi-author paper on An Empirical Analysis of Traceability in the Monero Blockchain
Updates to Meltdown/Spectre – Related Resources
- Security|DMA|Hacking: Total Meltdown? (Analysis of the Windows 7 Meltdown patch fiasco)